How to Apply Eye Makeup
Whether it is the day or the night, you want your eyes to look bright and beautiful, as the eyes are the first thing that onlookers notice on your face.
Eye makeup is necessary when you are dressing up for an evening party, going to work or for covering up the tiredness visible on the under eye. Listed below are some tips and tricks to follow to get the perfect eye makeup.
How to get the Perfect Eyebrow
Well groomed eyebrows are very important for a good eye makeup. The hair in the brow is not the same for every individual. Shaping the eyebrow helps to lift the face, give it a proper structure, thus resulting in beautifully framed eyes. Follow these steps to get the perfect eyebrows:
- Use a pencil and a small ruler to shape the eyebrow. The shape should be in accordance with the features of your face.
- The start of the brow must be lined up with the edge of the nostril.
- The highest point of the eyebrow must be in line with the pupil of the eye.
- Use a mascara wand or a brow brush to comb the eyebrow straight up. Use a pair of cuticle scissors to trim all excess hair that stands above the shape of the brow already drawn.
- Brush the hair of the eyebrow down.
- The excess hair sticking to the skin outside the natural shape of the brow must be plucked out using a tweezer. Remember to pluck the hair in the direction of growth of the hair strand.
- Even after the eyebrow has been shaped, there may be gaps which will have to be filled in using a powder gel or a brown pencil.
How to Apply Makeup for an Evening Look
The evening requires a glamorous look. Make your eyes amazing in just ten minutes following these simple steps:
- Hide the bluish discoloration or dark circles under your eye using a tinted moisturizer or an under eye cream. Apply three dots of the cream under the eyes and pat with the ring finger until the cream disappears.
- Apply an eye base on the eyelid to ensure that the eye shadow stays in place for at least eight hours.
- Apply eyeliner starting from the inner corner of the upper lid proceeding to the outer corner of the eye. The liner can be applied on the lower lid as well but only from the middle to the outer corner of the eye. To get a smudgy eye appearance, rub the liner of the bottom lid with the Q-tip of the finger.
- Apply an eye shadow matching with your skin tone and the color of your dress. A three tone shadow works best for an evening party. First apply a skin colored shadow covering the eyelids and extending up to the brow bone. Next apply a medium color only on the eyelids. Follow with a darker color only on the crease of the eye. All the shades of the eye shadow must be blended well.
- Use an eyelash curler to make your lashes gorgeous. A trick is to heat the curler under a hair dryer for a few seconds before curling.
- Finish the look using mascara. Placing the mascara wand at the bottom of your eye, wiggle back and forth until the mascara covers all the lashes. Mascara must be applied to the bottom lashes also.
How to make Eyes look Bigger by using Makeup
If you do not have perfect big eyes or long eyelashes, here are some tips to follow to make the eyes look better.
- Always apply mascara on the lower lashes by holding the mascara brush vertically. Sweep the bush in back and forth movements while applying the mascara. Also, use only a pencil eyeliner on the lower lid, smudging after use, so as to make eyes appear larger than they actually are.
- Use very light colored eye shadow on the inside ridge of the eye. Try to use a white or cream color shadow exactly on the tear duct of the eye, where the upper eyelid meets the lower lid. Eyes not only look bigger but also brighter this way.
- Use the same light colored shadow on the brow bone. Blend the color with brisk movements from the middle to the outer brow.
- Always keep eyebrows manicured. Waxing is suggested for women whose eyebrow hair growth rate is high. Others can opt for threading. Regular touch ups with the tweezer is important as hair starts growing back