Ayurvedic Beauty Care
Beauty is indeed more than skin deep. It is the physical manifestation of the spiritual and mental wellness of a person. According to Ayurveda, caring for and maintaining one’s natural beauty is a task that must be undertaken by any civilized human being.
The Ayurvedic beauty treatments are absolutely natural, thus providing the best results without causing any side effect. Ayurveda has been in practice for centuries now and Ayurvedic beauty products today are available in beauty care salons and in departmental stores.
How is Ayurvedic Beauty Care so Effective?
- Natural ingredients – Extracts of herbs, vegetables, spices and flowers are used to prepare Ayurvedic creams and lotions. These natural ingredients not only ensure removal of skin blemishes and dark spots permanently, they provide relaxation of the mind and body, which cannot be achieved from the use of cosmetic products.
- Inner beauty – Results may not be immediate from the use of Ayurvedic products. However, the Ayurveda potions work to improve the internal beauty of the user so that the skin ailment may not reappear in the near future. This is unlike cosmetic products that work only on the skin surface.
- Betters human personality – The use of Ayurveda products will not only better your skin quality, it will take care of all aspects of the body, mind and soul. Ayurvedic beauty treatments help in releasing harmful amatoxins, they completely eliminate the ‘doshas’ or harmful elements in the body and restore cellular nutrition. This rejuvenation therapy in Ayurveda makes possible the development of a better personality of the user.
- Self realization in Ayurveda – According to the traditional principles of Ayurveda, sadness, happiness, gloom and relaxation are directly related to ailments in the body. Hence an Ayurveda practitioner insists on a person first identifying his state of mind, also known as ‘self realization’. The treatments and therapies begin after self realization so as to provide medication that will lead to both external and internal beauty. Ayurvedic experts say that a person who is self realized is beautiful inside out; he does not need any cosmetic product or expensive clothes to look good.
- Prakruti or body type – The best part of Ayurvedic treatments is the fact that a practitioner will first determine the ‘prakruti’ or body type of a patient and then start medication. This ensures that only such medicines which are suited to the skin type of that patient are administered. Side effects are minimized and best results are ensured in this way. A ‘Vata’ dominant person has dry skin; a ‘Pitta’ dominant person has skin prone to sunburns, acne and moles; a ‘Kapha’ dominant person has skin with large pores, is prone to sweating and oily skin.
- Different forms of medicines – Ayurvedic medicines come in the form of creams, lotions, face packs or even tablets. Therefore, a person can choose his preferred form of medication. If you are constantly on the run, you can opt to pop a tablet having composition similar to creams or lotions that are also serving the same purpose.